The fees are $100 per hour long session. If you do not have insurance coverage and cannot afford the fee, a lower rate can be offered. Payment is due at the session and can be paid by Cash, Cheque, e-transfer or Credit Card. A receipt will be provided to submit to your insurance company.
Registered Social Work services can also be claimed as a medical expense tax deduction when you file your income tax return. Registered Social Workers are covered under many insurance plans. Some of the plans that cover Social Work Counselling are:
- Desjardins Financial
- Empire Life
- Equitable Life
- Great West Life
- Liberty Health
- Maritime Life
- Medavie Blue Cross (Direct Billing)
- Mutual Life
- Standard Life
- Sun Life
- Blue Cross
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
- Aspiria (EAP)
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board,
- Grand Erie District School Board
To determine if you have coverage through your insurance carrier, the first thing you should do is call them. Some helpful questions you can ask them:
- Do I have coverage for Registered Social Workers?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- Is approval required from my physician?
Reduced fee services are available
Cash, cheque and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
Please email or call 24 hours prior to session or half the session fee will be charged.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.